22 Feb Pack a wedding day kit for emergencies
You have spent the past few months, year or possibly longer planning your wedding day. Everything will go off without a hitch…right? Those horror stories you have read about online only happen to other brides…don’t they? Sadly, the reality is that anything can happen. Your best bet is to be prepared for any eventuality. One good way to do that is to pack a wedding day kit for emergencies even if you think you are too organized to require one. You never know. It’s better to “have it and not need it, than need it and not have it,” as the old adage goes.
Here are some great products to incorporate into your wedding day emergency kit. You can complete a cute DIY version by planning ahead. Use some fun pencil case bags or makeup cases to ensure all of your items are easy to locate and in one compact place. Alternatively, if budget is no concern, consider purchasing some premade parcels. This can save you the time of assembling everything yourself. Either way, these emergency kits can double as a practical and fun gift for your bridesmaids.
Essential options for your wedding day emergency kit
- Safety pins – stepping on the wedding dress in a rush or ripping the bustle trying to get into the dress has been known to happen.
- Bobby pins/hair elastics – be prepared if the wind tries to wreak havoc on your hairdo.
- Band-Aids – especially if you or one of your bridesmaids develop a blister from not breaking in your shoes ahead of time.
- Cash – always a good idea.
- Gum/Mints/Breath Spray – lots of photo opportunities and mingling, it’s best to be fresh.
- Floss/toothbrush/mouthwash/toothpicks – keep your smile picture perfect.
- Extra earring backs
- Brush or comb or pick
- Deodorant, body spray
- Wet wipes – avoid sticky smudges on your dress.
- White chalk – can hide smudges on your gown.
- Hairspray – can stop nylon runs in a pinch as well.
- Hand mirror or compact – for those backseat limo touch-ups.
- Eye drops
- Concealer/Lip liner/Mascara/Pressed Powder – any touch-up makeup.
- Nail file
- Travel sewing kit with mini scissors
- Lighter or matches
- Hem tape/Scotch tape/Duct tape
- Spot remover pen – stains happen, be prepared.
- Cases of water, juice and straws – have bottled water to stay hydrated and keep your skin looking and feeling its best. Include a box of straws so that you are not having to constantly fix your lipstick after every sip.
- Cooler of snacks – use fruits, chocolate, nuts, crackers and cheese, granola bars, trail mix, etc. Avoid the pitfalls of low blood sugar by having simple snacks available for you and the wedding party to enjoy throughout pictures and hours of smiling.
- Tampons and Pads
- Tissues – boxes or travel packs will come in handy.
- Crazy Glue
- Hand moisturizer – especially if you are having up close ring pictures in your photography session.
Be prepared to enjoy zero stress
When you pack a wedding day kit for emergencies you can relax in the knowledge that whatever wardrobe or personal issue may arise, you have everything you need to succeed. Thinking ahead now can help you stay focussed on your big day.
You want to be able to enjoy every moment and not spend precious time running to the front desk or to your wedding planner for a needle and thread. Be sure to bring your emergency kit with you on your honeymoon to keep everything running smoothly there as well. Have fun with creating your kit and be sure everyone knows where it is.
If you shop at New York Bride & Groom of Raleigh, one worry you won’t have is finding your dream wedding dress. We are the premier bridal salon in the Triangle with a selection of designer wedding dresses that is unmatched in the region. Come browse our 17,000 sq.ft. luxury salon at your convenience (no appointment needed) and let our full staff of knowledgeable bridal consultants help you find “The One.”